Thursday 1 May 2014

It's Linen but with a whole new look!!

I'd like to share a new design with you today, this is my very first project as part of the Papermill Design Team.

I made this card  to showcase the beautiful colour and texture of this 'Navy Linen' card. (which is actually on special offer this week, link at end of post)  it is a very rich dark blue and has a delicate linen texture, which I hope you can see in my pics.



I decided to make a shaped standing card using the Navy Linen as the main focus, you can see that it cut brilliantly with my Tonic dies.  I also thought I would try heat embossing for the stamped sentiment.  This can sometimes be tricky to do with a textured card, but it worked a treat on this linen texture.

A length of pastel green ribbon was threaded through the outside detail of the card front,  then I assembled the card by adding a back and front panel  die cut from Baby Pink card, diecut flowers & leaves, sparkly faux gems and the sentiment diecut and 3D mounted to provide the finishing touches. (Materials list at end of post)

I really liked the contrast of the dark blue card against the softer paler colours and think this is a colour combo I will visit again.

The Navy Linen card is currently on special offer over at papermill direct, here is the link to all of the special offers  so it's a perfect time to try this one out for yourself.  

Why not take a look at the papermill blog and the other DT blogs and see what they got up to with this fab card:




Materials List:
Navy linen card  - papermill direct
Baby Pink card - papermill direct
Raspberry Pink Card - papermill direct
Spring Green Card - papermill direct

Visible Image Stamp
Crystal White Inkpad
Silver Pearl Embossing Powder
Tonic Dies - Loopy Lace
Sue Wilson Dies - Faux Quilled Blooms
Ribbon & Faux Gems from my craft stash



8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and colour combination Angela! Congrats on being part of the Papermill Design team :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen, they are a fab team of ladies too :)

      Delete
  2. Navy, pink and green a fabulous colour combination. Love the shape and threaded ribbon a beautiful card.

    sy

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sylv, it just sort of flowed with no plan, my usual way of working, it's fun but I never know what I'll end up with :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful shaped card. The others colours you've added go so well with the navy! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Ruth, the PM card colours work perfectly together :)

      Delete
  4. fab card, the die cut flowers look like they have been embroidered on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Katie, this was the first time I've used this set of dies, only bought them the day before, and I'm pleased with how they turned out :)

      Delete