Thursday 29 May 2014

Ladybird, Ladybird

Well I just found this one in my draft posts!!  Seems I forgot to share a card made with that fab Navy Linen card that was a special offer recently over at Papermill Direct.  (it has sold out now but do pop over and take a look at the other offers link here ).  Anyway the weather is really grey at the moment, lots of rain and not much chance to enjoy the garden, so I thought this card is a reminder that the weather WAS nice recently and I did get into the garden, I didn't imagine it!!

I made an easy card base by scoring and folding the Navy linen card, it scores lovely and is a nice weight of card.

Added a die-cut fancy square from rich cream linen, keeping the linen texture as the theme and stamped my ladybird image direct to the panel.

Whilst looking through my stamps, I had found a set that had this cute ladybird, I'm not sure who the manufacturer is as it was out of it's packaging, but suspect it could be a Nitwits stamp set?

Anyway I thought it would be fun to stamp and paper-piece the design.  I choose red card for the paper-piecing and attached the wing elements with 3D foam pads to give depth to the design.  The spots and little heart & flower were coloured with Sakura Glaze pens.

Die cut wording from the blue linen card and matted & layered onto a strip of the cream linen and red card.  Keeping a simple colour theme of Navy, Cream & Red.

Finishing touches were 4 little Card Candi rounds which had a little flower design on them which matched the shape of the flower on the ladybird.  Simple card to make,  I thought it only fitting that a ladybird should be out in the garden amongst the flowers and enjoying the sun.  I had fun balancing in the rockery trying to take the pics though :-D



This one turned out to be a simple yet fun card and very striking with it's splashes of red.

Materials List: 
Navy Linen card
Rich Cream Linen, and Christmas Red card - Papermill Direct
Lady Bird Stamp

Card Candi - Craftwork Cards
Sakura Glaze pens






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Angela....love those colours together. I'm looking forward to being able to cut 'words' on my new machine, yours are fab xx ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara, can't wait to see what you make with your new toy :). The words on this card I die-cut with my Big Shot, but I do like using my cricut too as you can alter the sizing and fonts to suit projects :)

      Delete
    2. Love the ladybird, looks fabulous against the blue linen, fabulous card.

      Sylv xx

      Delete