Friday 29 August 2014

it's Light, it's Plum, it's Yum!!

Thursday again, and that means time for another fab Special Offer from papermill direct!!  This week it's this lovely fruity coloured 'Light Plum' which is a 160 gsm and so perfect for paper folding as well as the usual techniques.  You won't believe the amazing price of just £4-50 for a small box, that small box with approx. 130-140 sheets in it!!  I really don't think it will last long at that price.

I'd like to share 2 of my Design Team makes to show you the different ways this can be used.

First up is this dramatic 'Thinking of You' card.  I choose papermill's trusty Black smooth card to use as it's perfect for those dramatic contrasts.


The layered front of my card was cut using a Cricut Mini ('Paper Lace 2' cartridge) and the layered flowers & leaves were die-cut through my Big Shot using dies that were a cover gift on a recent magazine.   Stickles glitter glue and faux pearls add the finishing touches.

As you can see all the card cuts perfectly using either electric or manual cutting.  But for my next project I thought I would try a spot of paper folding by creating a 'Kusudama' flower from 5 squares of the 'Light Plum'.  As this is 160gsm it has the pliability to make multiple folds yet has the strength to hold the shapes.  

I added stickles glitter glue in 'frosted lace' to accentuate the inner folds of the flower.  The stamens were created by threading lilac glass beads onto black desire wire, twisting them and then threading through the flower head.  The stem was simply a piece of 'Spring Green' card rolled and glued and attached to the back of the flower.  (I actually slipped a pipe cleaner through the centre so it could go into the back of the flower head and allow me to adjust it) the leaf was again made from 'Spring Green' card and then veins were drawn on with a Versamark pen.  


I love the colour of the 'Light Plum' it's perfect for this flower and I would love to see more colours in this weight to paperfold with :)

Materials List for 'Thinking of You' card:
Light Plum 160gsm 'special offer' - Papermill Direct
Black smooth card 250gsm - Papermill Direct
Star Dust - Stickles Glitter Glue
Faux Pearls in 2 sizes
Design cut on my Cricut Mini using 'Paper Lace 2'
Flower & leaf dies were a magazine cover freebie.

Materials List for 'Kusudama' flower:
Light Plum 160gsm 'special offer' - Papermill Direct
Spring Green smooth card 240gsm - Papermill Direct
Frosted Lace - Stickles Glitter Glue
Black Desire Wire
Small Lilac glass beads
Versamark Pen

Why not pop over and see what my fabulous papermill teamies have got up to this week?:
Barbara
Lisa
Ruth
Sylvia
Sandie
Sharon





2 comments:

  1. lovely makes, so classy with a lovely choice of colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, thank you for your lovely comments, always very much appreciated

    :)

    ReplyDelete