Friday 10 October 2014

Wedding ideas with papermill card

Hello, and welcome to my weekly papermill DT post.  This week our theme is Wedding Stationery and to go with that papermill have a special offer on their lovely Ivory Felt card across small, midi & mega box sizes, starting at just £6-50 per box.  The Ivory Felt card is a sumptuous 300gsm and perfect for lots of designs. 

Now I must confess that Wedding Stationery is not something I have much experience of, but I thought it would be fun to make some 'Save The Date' cards and 'RSVP's using some of the other fabulous card stocks from  +papermilldirect.  I will first apologise for the photos, the weather was horrible this week and the light not good, so the pics do not do the cards or the beautiful card stock used justice.
First up is a Bird themed RSVP card that would be great to use as an invite.  I have created the card base from papermill's Sky Blue card and have embossed the front flap only through my Big Shot using a swirls design embossing folder.  The layered Bird has been cut from Papermill White Linen card, which I also used to die cut the letters for 'RSVP'.  A little faux pearl for the eye to complete it.  These little cards don't use much card or expensive materials and so would be perfect for those on a budget.  Just add your computer printed details inside.  Cut using a cricut mini they could be made in batches and the embossing could be left off for quicker makes.  
My second design is a 'Save The Date' card with a heart theme in my favourite colour of course. I have also cut this with a cricut mini using papermill's White Hammered card to form the card base. 


The heart motif is cut from my favourite papermill Purple Grape card. The 'Save the Date' phrase has been cut from white hammered card and lightly coloured with pan pastels, attached to a shadow base of papermill grey card. A purple ribbon and faux pearls to finish.  


Just add an insert with your details inside to complete. I printed these off on my computer and then die-cut with a scalloped square die. Again if making in large quantities, you could always omit the pan pastel colouring and perhaps the grey card shadow layer to the sentiment.
So there are my 2 projects this week, if you pop by the other papermill DT ladies' blogs (links at bottom of post) you will find lots of other ideas for cards and Wedding Stationery.

Thank you for popping by and as always I am happy to help with any questions you may have, and I do love reading your comments too, so please don't be shy, say hi!!  :-)

Materials List
White Linen Card - Papermill Direct
Sky Blue Card - Papermill Direct
White Hammered Card - Papermill Direct
Purple Grape Card - Papermill Direct
Grey Card - Papermill Direct
Faux pearls, ribbon, pan pastels 
(optional) Embossing Folder, dies, 
cricut mini 

Papermill Design Team:
if you have a moment, please do pop over and check out the other papermill teamies blogs and see what they got up to this week:  
Barbara 
Lisa  
Sylvia  
Sandie  
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment