Tuesday 3 March 2015

It's all about MUM - with Papermilldirect



March already!! and the +papermilldirect  Design Team are looking ahead to Mother's Day and creating lots of different designs and styles.  The Special Offer Card this week is the fab Ivory felt embossed which is just £15-60 for a Midi size box of A4.  It's also my turn to work with the Offer card and I was torn between creating a card with clean lines or getting a bit inky, the Ivory Felt Embossed is 300gsm and has such a great texture it lends itself well to lots of techniques hence my dilemma :D  In the end I just couldn't decide and created 2 cards instead.  These 2 cards are also featured on the +papermilldirect  Inspire Blog along with colour palette suggestions: 

For my first card I got the inks out and used them through a stencil mask to create a bright Daisy themed card for 'Mum'.  I used pigment Inks from Oak House Studio which are rich and juicy and gave a vibrant result. I also used a manual diecutter (Big Shot) to cut some flowers. For the flower centres I used a mixture of pigment ink and then I got a little paintbrush out and added some extra colour using sprays inks in pumpkin pie and glorious gold, the latter gives a lovely golden glow.  The butterfly was cut using a Fiskars punch and then coloured with OHS Paris Pink and Glorious Gold spray ink.  The 3 daisys and the butterfly were attached using 3D foam to create depth and interest.  Using blue pigment ink I stamped the sentiment of 'MUM' using a clear stamp that I had masked off the top wording. Faux adhesive pearls in 2 sizes added the finishing touches.  This card is almost entirely created using the Ivory Felt Embossed card, except for a touch of bright orange card to mat the design.

For my second card I wanted to show how well the Ivory felt embossed card will cut in an electric die cutter.  It is a 300gsm card and yet it cuts beautifully in my Cricut Explore and I didn't even need to change my cut settings.  I used it to cut the shaped card blank and it even coped perfectly with the intricate lattice / trellis work on the card front.  


The sentiment was also cut on the Cricut Explore using a variety of papermilldirect card from the colours range.  The sentiment panel and the lattice were attached to the card front using 3D foam to give height and I added a few faux pink gems and pearls to finish.

I loved experimenting with this card and finding out what it can do, which appears to be everything I asked of it, and at an extra special price too, what more could a crafter ask for?


Materials Used:  

Stencil Mask (I believe is from Splodgeaway but have lost the packaging so can't be 100% sure)
MUM clear stamp - Dovecraft
2" Butterfly Punch - Fiskars
Flower Dies - First Edition
Faux adhesive Pearls & Faux ahdhesive pink gems - from my crafty cupboards  drawers
Adhesives - Double Sided Tape, 3D foam pads, cosmic shimmer glue


Papermill Design Team:
if you have a moment, please do pop over and check out the other papermill teamies blogs and see what they got up to this week: 
Barbara 
Lisa  
Sylvia  
Sandie   

Craig 
Papermilldirect Inspire Blog 

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic daisy card - so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, fabulous cards! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete