Tuesday 19 May 2015

'Explore'ing a Wedding Card ...with Papermill Direct

Hello and welcome to this week's blog post, the theme for the +papermilldirect DT this week is 'Weddings' and I have a wedding card to share with you today. (as always links are at the bottom of the post)


I created this Mr & Mrs Wedding Card using the Cricut Explore and Design Space software. I used this project to learn how to create my own sliced and welded overlay panel for a card but also it could be framed to create a picture gift. 

I started by selecting a square shape and resizing to approx. 6” square. I then selected a heart shape and resized to fit inside the square by positioning it on top of the square and aligning it both horizontally and vertically
before ‘slicing’ the heart from the square. Remove the inner heart shape and discard. I used the Mr & Mrs sentiment from within the subscription images and discarded all the layers except for one, clicked off the ‘padlock’ icon so that I could stretch the sentiment both vertically and horizontally, aiming for the bottom of the M of ‘Mr’, and the outer edge of the S of ‘’Mrs’ to overlap the heart shape that had been cut away. When happy with position I selected ‘weld’ to attach the pieces into one. 


 For the scroll flourishes, I searched for ‘swirl’ within the subscription images and selected one to use, which I copied to create 3 no.. I then again unlocked the ‘padlock’ icon to allow each swirl to be manipulated into the desired size and shape to fit into the heart aperture. I used one at the bottom and one at the top left and top right of the sentiment. Again the swirls were positioned and orientations altered so that they overlapped slightly the heart area before selecting ‘weld’ to permanently attach them. I worked with each swirl separately. When finished the entire panel is in one piece and creates the overlay for this card design. I added a little line detailing around the edges to frame the heart using a scoring tool and scoreboard, The front overlay was then mounted onto a square of ‘Grey Linen’ card using 3D foam and I created a back panel also from the ‘Grey Linen’ card. To finish I cut 2 small hearts from ‘grey linen’ using a much smaller version of the same heart shape as before . 3 small clear adhesive gems decorate one heart and larger clear gems were added to each corner of the panel.

Materials Used:
Plain White Card – Papermill Direct
Grey Linen ‘Offer’ Card – Papermill Direct
3D Foam (regular and clear)
Clear sparkly adhesive gems in 2 sizes.

Tools Used:
Cricut Explore (with Design Space Software)
Scoring Board and tool


Papermill Design Team:
if you have a moment, please do pop over and check out the other papermill teamies blogs and see what they got up to this week: 

No comments:

Post a Comment