Tuesday 12 May 2015

Saying my Thank You's in Bright Pink!! with Papermilldirect


Hello, welcome to another week and another blog post.  The weeks seem to be flying by and I still can't believe it's May already!!  My daughter will soon be finishing her College course and my son will be starting his final year at Primary School after the summer holidays, where on earth does the time go??

This week I've been working with the new Special Offer card at +papermilldirect  , a really bright and cheery pink called 'Bright Pink' of course.  It is 160gsm and available in an A4 pack of 30 for just £2-25 - Link Here: 

I decided to make 2 cards on the theme of 'Thank You'.  The first is this fun 'Thanks a Melon' card:

I started by cutting the layered sentiment and melon shapes on my Circuit Explore. Although the melon shape is very simple and could easily be cut by hand and a stamped or die cut greeting added for those without a cutting machine. The Bright Pink 160gsm offer card cut cleanly and easily in my Cricut Explore using the same Cardstock+ setting I use as standard (although my blade is probably not as sharp as it was). I also popped the pink melon segment through my Big Shot to emboss it with a Dots design so you can see it is a very versatile weight card.

The melon layers were assembled using 3D foam to give height and the sentiment layers were adhered using clear drying Cosmic Shimmer Glue. I thought the Bright Pink worked really well with the green cardstocks and along with the rounded rocking base it created a fun way to say Thank You.


For my 2nd Card I created a different style of Thank You card, again using the Bright Pink offer card to create an elegant look. This time teaming it with Ivory Linen and a touch of Spring green to lift the pink. I do love pink and green together.
The bright pink panel overlay was cut on the Cricut Explore, again you can see how cleanly it cuts even with my blunt blade. I layered the overlay onto a panel of Ivory Linen cardstock to give a touch of luxury and texture to the design. The completed panel was then mattered and layered onto PMD Spring Green card to give a small border all around and then the whole front was mounted onto a card base made by scoring & folding Ivory Linen cardstock.

The sentiment of ‘Thank You’ was also cut on the Explore, This time I used the PMD Spring Green as the contrast and added a shadow layer of the bright pink adhering with Cosmic Shimmer glue before mounting to the card front with 3D foam pads to create height.

Using a Fiskers 2” butterfly punch, I punched a butterfly from Spring Green Card and added sparkle to the wings by applying Detail Sparkle in White Shimmer. I added 3 pale green adhesive gems to the body and also 3 more to the top left hand side of the card front to finish.


Materials Used For Melon Card: All card is Papermilldirect – Bright Pink ‘offer card’, Teal, Spring Green, & Black card.
Adhesives – 3D foam Pads, Cosmic Shimmer Glue
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder 'swiss dots', 

Cricut Explore using Design Space subscription images and sentiments

Materials Used for Overlay Card: All card is Papermilldirect – Bright Pink ‘offer card’, Ivory Linen, & Spring Green card
Adhesives – 3D foam Pads, Cosmic Shimmer Glue
Fiskers - 2” Butterfly Punch
Imagination Crafts – Detail Sparkle in White Shimmer
Pale Green Adhesive gems

Cricut Explore using Design Space subscription images and sentiments

Papermill Design Team:
if you have a moment, please do pop over and check out the other papermill teamies blogs and see what they got up to this week: 

No comments:

Post a Comment