Wednesday 17 February 2016

A New Home Card with Forest Friends

I do love the cute Forest Friends collection from Grace Taylor and thought it would be fun to create a Mushroom or toadstool shaped New Home Card.  


I finally got around to using the cute Raccoon character from the embellishment sticker pack, but he's such a sweetie I may need to add more to my stash. :D  I have included my Cricut Design Space link below if you wish to cut exactly as I have or you could draw a template and cut by hand as it's a simple shape :)

Step By Step:
  1. I cut this design on my Cricut Explore and can share my Design Space Project link here: https://uk.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/36100306
    if you would like to make one the same, it is already sized for you. (You could also cut a simple toadstool / mushroom shape by drawing in pencil onto a kraft card blank and cutting paper pieces for the spots)
  2. I cut the largest shape, the card base from Dovecraft A4 Kraft card and cut it twice to create a front and back for my card.  (The back panel can be added later by simply scoring across it about 2” down and adding tape above this section before attached to card front)
  3. Using the pink card from the Dovecraft coloured A4 card pack, I cut the large base panel.  I added faux stitching all around using a white pen.  Edges were inked with a red ink and then Dovecraft glitter glue in ‘crystal’ was applied to add some sparkle.
  4. I used various pattern papers from the Forest Friends 12x12 pad to cut the layered parts.  Yellow for the under cap and the blue for the stalk.  Faux stitching with a white pen was added to each paper piece and all cut edges inked with red ink
  5. The spots were cut from white card and then embossed using the Santoro Willow embossing folder as the pattern reflects the shape on one of the papers I’ve used.  I then ink around with red ink allowing extra ink to come over onto the edges of the embossing to highlight it.
  6. All the pattern pieces were then glued in place upon the pink card shape, it has some lines to help you line it up.
  7. I chose letters from the Grace Taylor Forest Friends sticker book to spell out ‘A New HOME’ and added them to the card front.  A couple of the arrows were also added to point to the word HOME, and a little hedgehog sticker was applied to the bottom of the smaller toadstool mushroom shape.
  8. To finish a cute Raccoon from the Embellishment Stickers (Forest Friends) was added to the bottom of the card at RH side, positioned to be standing in front of the mushroom / Toadstool.
Products Used:
Grace Taylor Forest Friends 100 Sheet Paper Pad GS2743

Grace Taylor Forest Friends Sticker Flip Book GS2745

Grace Taylor Forest Friends Grand Adhesions GS2750

Dovecraft A4 Kraft Card DCBS103

Dovecraft A4 Premium Coloured Card DCBS75

SANTORO®'s Willow Embossing Folder SNEF002

Cricut Explore Machine PC2002435


All materials are from +Trimcraft Ltd  and this project also appears in my Trimcraft Design Team Gallery, link here: http://www.trimcraft.co.uk/projects/121368/a-new-home-card-with-grace-taylor-forest-friends-collection

No comments:

Post a Comment