Wednesday 24 February 2016

You make my Heart so very Happy


Hello I'm back to share another make with you, this one is a DT project for Trimcraft.  I’m in love with these gorgeous First Edition Love Story papers from +Trimcraft Ltd .  

The canvas and wood effect papers and a theme of love gave me the idea to create a little Birdhouse shaped card.  This could be a Valentines or Anniversary make or to send to someone ‘just because’.  

I created the card shape using my Cricut Explore but you could easily cut a simple house shape by drawing in pencil onto a card blank and cutting with scissors or craft knife and decorating as you wish.

Step By Step:
  1. I designed and cut the birdhouse and 2 birds on my Cricut Explore using Design Space subscription, I can share my DS link with you here: https://uk.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/36107737  Which will give you access to my design file so you can cut everything as I have done, all is sized ready for you to load the mats and just press ‘go’.
  2. Using Dovecraft A4 Kraft Card I cut 2 identical pieces to form the front and back of my card base. (Scoring a short way down the back piece and folding before adding glue above the score line creates the join, you may prefer to do this after the front papers are on ).
  3. I cut an extra front card piece from FE Love Story checked pattern canvas effect paper and adhered to Kraft card front.  Inking edges with red ink and then black ink to add definition.  I then cut the smaller front panel from Love Story Wood effect paper inking the edges as before and adhering to card front
  4. I cut 2 roof section parts from brown arrow patterned paper in the Love Story pad, inked with red and black inks as before and then added to card front using 3D foam pads to layer up both sections to create height.
  5. The heart sentiment ‘You Make my heart so very happy’ was cut out of the Love Story papers, inked around as before and then edges in Dovecraft ‘crystal’ glitter glue.  When dry it was glued to card front towards the top of the birdhouse.
  6. I cut 2 birds from heart patterned paper.  Each bird consists of 2 layers and I inked around all the parts using red ink and black ink as before, adding extra black to colour the beaks and legs. This time also outlining with Dovecraft glitter glue in ‘Crystal’ to add extra sparkle.  When dry I shaped the pieces in my fingers and layered up using 3D foam pads.  I added 1 bird (flying) to top of birdhouse allowing wings & beak to overlap, and the other bird (with legs) to bottom RH side of birdhouse allowing the tail to overlap.
  7. Using the FE Foliage Die set I cut 2 leafy fern pieces from floral pattern Love Story paper and die cut 3 small flowers using the FE Flowers die set.  Inked all pieces with red and black inks as before and shaping in my fingers to give some texture / movement before adhering to card front at bottom LH side.
  8. To finish I coloured 2 small clear gems with FE black marker for the birds eyes and added clear adhesive gems to centres of flowers, heart sentiment, and to decorate roof section of the birdhouse.
Products Used:
All materials are from +Trimcraft Ltd and this project also appears in my Trimcraft Design Team Gallery Link here:http://www.trimcraft.co.uk/projects/121410/you-make-my-heart-so-very-happy-first-edition-love-story-papers

No comments:

Post a Comment